Sunday, June 23, 2013

Praying for Billy Yow

Over the last few years I have had the pleasure of getting to know Billy Yow. When I first ran for public office in 2010, I reached out to Billy to introduce myself and to ask for his help. Although he had never met me, he was gracious with his time and encouraging of my efforts to get involved in politics.

Upon getting to know Billy, I was impressed with his dedication to public service and his common sense approach to solving problems. I admired the way in which he would speak from the heart and tell you exactly how he feels. He is a logical thinker, and Guilford County has benefited from his years of service on the Board of Commissioners.

In addition to public service, Billy is extremely dedicated to his family and to his business. He has built a successful company and supported his family by working hard nearly every day of his life. His work ethic is impeccable.

When I heard about the recent accident that Billy was involved in, I was in shock. Billy has a larger-than-life persona, which makes it hard to believe that he is injured.

Billy Yow is a friend of mine. He is one of the most determined and tenacious individuals I have ever met. There is no question that he is fighting hard and fearlessly to overcome his injuries.

With his determination to succeed, I am confident that Billy will make a full recovery. But we need to pray for him to stay strong. We also need to pray for the strength and comfort of his family.

Keep up the good fight, Billy. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Jon Hardister