Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Press Release: Rep. Jon Hardister Releases Statement on Governor McCrory's Proposed Budget

March 10, 2015

For Immediate Release

Raleigh, NC - Today Rep. Jon Hardister (R-Guilford) released the following statement regarding Governor Pat McCrory's budget proposal:

"I'm still looking over the details, but overall, I think the governor's budget looks good. It doesn't raise taxes, it keeps spending growth below inflation and population, and it provides an increase in base pay for teachers. Having said that, I still need to study the details and determine if we are able to make any improvements. Our focus should be on passing a budget that is fiscally responsible and funds the core services of government. We also need to be sure that we keep our debt low and maintain our Triple A bond rating. I look forward to working with my colleagues in the legislature to pass a budget that accomplishes these goals."

Contact:
Rep. Jon Hardister
jonhardister@gmail.com

###