Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Last week I had the privilege of ringing the bell for the Salvation Army. In the process of doing this, I was able to witness the generosity that was demonstrated by so many folks as they walked past our station.

It was amazing to see the number of folks who stopped, opened their wallet, and pulled out cash to leave in the collection tin.

In watching these folks make contributions to the Salvation Army, I was reminded of how wonderful the Christmas season truly is. This is the time of year when spirits are lifted and joy is spread from person to person.

Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. I have always enjoyed the decorations, the music, the movies, the plays, and the generosity that come along with the season. I also enjoy spending time with family and friends and the excitement of opening presents on Christmas day.

We don't always get snow on Christmas in North Carolina, but when we do, it is a beautiful sight.

So here's wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Be safe if you travel and enjoy the season!