Sunday, January 16, 2011

No Plans to Run for City Council in 2011

Over the past few weeks I have received encouragement from numerous folks to run for Greensboro City Council at-large in this year's municipal elections. I had never thought about running for a position on city council, but after several folks encouraged me to give it a shot, I decided to give the idea some consideration.

After thinking it over, however, I decided that I am not going to run for public office this year. Although I care a great deal the City of Greensboro, I am not yet ready to get back to the campaign trail. My focus in 2011 will be to keep an eye on elected officials and to support the candidates whom I believe are best suited to serve on city council.

Jordan Green of YES! Weekly contacted me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I had any intentions to run for city council. He said that he had heard through the grapevine that I may be throwing my hat into the ring. I told him that I had given the idea some thought, but I had ultimately decided against running for public office this year.

Running for public office in 2010 was a great experience and I wouldn't rule out another run in the future, but it won't be this year.