Thursday, February 24, 2011

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley is a Class Act


I recently spent a few days in Columbia, SC. While I was there, I decided to pay a visit to the state capital building.

The South Carolina State House is the capital building for the state of South Carolina. It is a beautiful building with stunning architectural features. Construction on the building began in the mid-1800s, prior to the Civil War.

When I arrived at the state capital building, I walked upstairs to the lobby located between the House and Senate chambers. The South Carolina General Assembly is currently in session, so the room was full of lobbyist, reporters, and elected officials. I spent a few minutes sitting in the lounge area of the upstairs lobby, observing the activities.

After spending about an hour in the upstairs lobby, I walked downstairs to the main lobby. When I got there, I noticed that there was a press conference taking place. As I got closer, I was able to see that it was Governor Nikki Haley who was holding the press conference.

When the press conference was over, I was able to approach the governor as she was walking back to her office. I introduced myself and we had a brief conversation. She then gave me her autograph and took the time to take a picture with me.

Governor Haley was very cordial and gracious with her time. She has a warm personality and a professional demeanor. At the age 39, she is the youngest governor in the United States. She has had an impressive career thus far, and I have a feeling that it is only going to get better.