Thursday, November 3, 2011

Special Announcement

The following is a press release that was sent to the local media yesterday:

Greensboro Native Jon Hardister Announces Bid for NC House District 59

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jon Hardister: (336) 404-8791
November 2, 2011

GREENSBORO, NC - Greensboro native and resident Jon Hardister announced Wednesday his intentions to seek the Republican nomination for NC House District 59.

In a statement, Hardister said, "I was born and raised here in Guilford County. This community has taught me that hard work and perseverance are vital to success and afforded me the opportunity to prosper. I want to give back to the community that has given me so much. It is my passion for public service and concern about North Carolina's future that has encouraged me to run for office. My campaign platform will center on economic growth and job creation for the citizens of Guilford County and all of North Carolina."

Jon was born and raised in Greensboro, NC as the only child of Wayne and Carolyn Hardister. He attended Moorehead Elementary School, Kiser Middle School, and Grimsley High School. After graduating from high school, Jon attended Greensboro College where he obtained a BA in Political Science. His plan was to attend law school after graduating from college, but decided that he was ready to go to work instead. He currently works at First Carolina Mortgage, a business that his family started in 1990.

Jon added, "Trust and accountability will be an important part of my message to the voters. I look forward to running a positive campaign that focuses on ideas that will help secure a better future for our citizens."

More details coming soon!